Online Shopping Safety
- Research sites if you are considering a purchase. Check out user reviews and see if others have had issues.
- Never click on links in emails and texts. Go straight to the company websites. Always check your address bar to make sure you are at the correct website.
- Do not give out more information when making purchases than necessary. No company should need your social security number for you to make a purchase. Only fill the fields that are required when you complete your purchase. To purchase an item, you should only need to give out your name, address, phone number, and payment information. Guard your personal information.
Online Shopping Safety
- Always look for https: in the address bar on sites where you are shopping. The s on the end means that the connection is secure. There will also usually be a lock icon to indicate this as well.
- Keep your computer safe with anti-virus software.
Adapted from Chicagotribune.com
- If price looks too good to be true, it probably is. Always compare prices and be skeptical of any seller offering an item at a drastically reduced price. Make sure to verify the condition of the item and research the seller.
Adapted from google.com/safetycenter
- Beware of the fine print. If something says it is free or heavily discounted, you may be signing up for a trial which is only free for 30 days or you may be charged for more items and have them shipped automatically after a certain time period. Beware of any “free” item that requires your credit card information.
- Register your card for the CardValet app so that you will get alerts for debit card based on spending limits, location or merchant type. To get instructions for downloading and using the CardValet app, call or come by the Credit Union.
THIRD PARTY SITE DISCLAIMER
- By accessing the noted link you will be leaving the Jackson River Community Credit Union website and entering a website hosted by another party. Jackson River Community Credit Union has not approved this as a reliable partner site. Please be advised that you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of the Jackson River Community Credit Union website. We encourage you to read and evaluate the privacy and security policies of the site you are entering, which may be different than those of Jackson River Community Credit Union. CLICK CONTINUE TO CONTINUE OR CANCEL TO ABORT
Back to Top